Do I Need An Office Cleaning Company?
Running a business should be all about your customers and the products and services you sell. Attention on anything else that takes your time is an extra responsibility that draws time away from these necessities. While there are multiple scenarios of time-wasting duties, one that is on everyone’s mind now is office cleaning.
If you run a business in the New Jersey area, and during the COVID-19 pandemic, you understand why keeping your office sanitized is essential. You can read our blog post on some of NJ’s cleaning guidelines here to increase your understanding.
PRO TIP: You can read up on how to COVID clean an office if you wanna do it yourself. But be aware- professional services are always recommended!
How Covid-19 Has Affected Businesses
Before the pandemic struck, the only cleaning most companies had to deal with was about keeping the areas neat and healthy with regular cleaning. After the spread of Covid-19, things began to look different. It was not good enough to vacuum or have light dusting take place on a regular basis. Offices faced the reality that they had to take action to prevent the spread of disease within the workforce.
To make sure this happened, supplies were purchased and employees utilized to keep areas sanitized properly. Although necessary to have a healthy workforce, this took time away from everyone’s daily responsibilities. Once responsibilities are altered, the company’s bottom line would inevitably suffer.
Benefits of Hiring an Office Cleaning Company
Now that we know the impact of how Covid-19 on businesses, let’s look at how hiring an office cleaning company can benefit you and your office.
- Gives office employees more time to work on their required tasks. As discussed, getting your employees back on task with their responsibilities will make the company run smoother and help the business in the long run. A professional cleaning company will take over the task of sanitizing your office.
- Your employees will have peace of mind: Fear can be debilitating to anyone. If your employees are constantly worried about being infected with a virus, it is probable that their performance will suffer. Working in a clean and safe environment, on the other hand, will improve how safe employees feel and allow for better performance.
- By hiring an office cleaning company, you will save money on supplies. As cleaning supplies and products are part of any contract, the cost of them will be known upfront in the cost of the service.
- Professional cleaning services will always outperform your own employees. The employees of a cleaning company clean and sanitize for a living. Your accountant does not. It is safe to assume, the professional cleaner will know how, when, and what to clean much better than your employee.
- The overall health of your employees will improve. If you have been only doing the minimum amount of cleaning over the years, chances are you have missed bacteria and viruses in the past that made your office sick. By using a professional company to clean, not only will Covid-19 be suppressed, but also bacteria, the flu virus, mold, and other allergens be removed from the office. This means employees will spend less time at home sick and more time at the office working.
What to Look for in a Cleaning Company
- The right professional cleaning company for you will always have a cleaning and sanitizing plan created specifically for your office. Ask to see plans they have created for other offices they have cleaned for.
- They need the ability to use products with chemicals or natural ingredients, depending on your preferences. Some employees are sensitive to chemicals. The cleaning company you use should be able to create a plan using natural cleaning products if this is the case.
- A cleaning company established in their industry should have plenty of reviews to show you upon request. Be leery of companies who cannot produce positive reviews of their services.
- Recommendations from organizations such as the Better Business Bureau and industry certifications are always a plus when contracting a cleaning service. This means they have taken the time to create an environment that holds themselves accountable for their services. Certifications also suggest that the company’s people are trained in their industry’s most updated practices.
TIP: Read about the dirtiest items in your office here!
By keeping your company safe for employees, you can maximize their performance while at the same time doing the right thing to keep them healthy. There are several cleaning companies to choose from in New Jersey, but not all of them are equal. When interviewing these companies, make sure that they meet at least the suggestions mentioned above.
Let’s work to keep our employees happy and healthy while at the same time helping your business execute at high efficiencies and remain profitable going forward. Cleaning World, Inc. is a company in Northern NJ that can help you do just that!
So if you think you need office cleaning services, contact Cleaning World, Inc. today!