What Is Office Disinfecting?
When it comes to keeping yourself and your workers safe while in the workplace, it is important to know what office disinfecting is. By knowing what office disinfecting is and how best to go about it, you can better keep sickness out of your workplace. It is a simple task to complete, but it can take some time to do completely and thoroughly. Do not let this dissuade you, though, because when you and your workers do not get sick, you will be glad you disinfected.
If you are ready to get disinfecting, grab your disinfectant, and let’s get to work making sure that your office is clean of viruses, bacteria, and everything else that wants to make you sick.
So What Exactly Is Office Disinfecting?
Office disinfecting at its base is the act of disinfecting your office and ensuring that it is clear of bacteria and viruses that could cause you or your workers and customers to become ill. It is a task your employees should be taking part in as well because it takes everybody to help ensure that the office is fully disinfected and safe for the employees and you.
In today’s day and age with Coronavirus, office disinfecting has taken on a new meaning. Many commercial cleaning companies are now offering COVID-19 cleaning services that disinfect and sanitize the commercial space from this deadly disease.
Make sure that you have outlined a plan for keeping the office disinfected with your employees. That way, everyone knows what they should be doing and what to expect. It is important that everyone understands office disinfecting so everyone can stay safe and the office can stay free of bacteria and viruses.
PRO TIP: Read this post on medical office cleaning. We know it will be super helpful and relevant.
How Often Should You Be Disinfecting Your Office?
A common question that can come up with office disinfecting is how often you and your employees should be disinfecting the office. This will depend on several factors since every office is different, and the ability to disinfect on a certain schedule will work for some offices but not for others. You can read this article on why office cleaning is important to gain some knowledge on the subject. Take a look at the bullets below for more info on the subject.
- How many people are there in the office? The more people present in the office, the more likely it is that they will be leaving germs all over the place. This also means you will need to disinfect the office more frequently to ensure you stay on top of the disinfecting.
- Another factor that you should keep in mind is how often the employees are about the office touching things that everyone else is touching. If your employees are regularly touching surfaces others may touch, then you will want to try to disinfect your office at least several times a day. Otherwise, you should be fine with disinfecting your office just once or twice daily.
These are the main factors you will want to keep in mind regarding your office cleaning and disinfecting. As long as you keep these factors in mind, you should be able to easily figure out a good schedule for your office disinfecting schedule. In the end, it is more important that you figure out the perfect office disinfecting schedule for you and your employees.
PRO TIP: Read these cleaning tips for COVID-19. We know they will be super helpful.
Hiring A Professional Office Disinfection Crew
When it comes to your office disinfection, another good idea is hiring a professional office disinfection crew every once in a while to disinfect the office thoroughly. They know how to disinfect your office best to ensure that you and your employees are safe from bacteria and viruses that want to get you and them sick.
You will probably want to bring in a professional office disinfection crew at least several times a year so they can do their work fully for you. If you have a large office with many employees, it may be a good idea to have the professional office disinfection crew come in more than several times a year to ensure that you and your workers are staying safe.
What You Should Be Disinfecting In Your Office
There are many things in the office that could be disinfected, but knowing what exactly you should be disinfecting is one of the most important parts of office disinfecting. Not everything in an office will need to be disinfected. Some will only need it once in a while, while other objects will require it daily. Some things may need it even more often than that.
- Doorknobs and other similar fixtures in the office should be disinfected at least several times a day. These are touched by everybody in the office multiple times, which makes them one of the best breeding grounds in the office for bacteria and viruses that can cause a large assortment of ailments.
- Hard surfaces such as tables, counters, and desks should be disinfected at least twice a day. These may not always be touched a large amount each day, but viruses and bacteria can survive for a long time on hard surfaces. They will last much longer on hard surfaces than anywhere else in the office.
- Computer screens, keyboards, and mice should be disinfected twice daily as well, at the very least. All these are things that will be used on the regular during the day by the employees, and thus, it is important that you keep these things disinfected and free of bacteria and viruses.
How To Help Your Employees Keep The Office Disinfected
It is also important to know how you can best help your employees keep the office disinfected. The best way to do this is to simply supply them with the necessary tools to keep the office disinfected and the tools necessary for each employee to keep themselves disinfected. Disinfecting the office is useless if your employees are not disinfected.
- Provide each one of your employees with hand sanitizer or sanitization wipes. This allows them to disinfect their hands before touching the surfaces in the office. By doing this, you can make disinfecting the office much easier for you and your employees.
- Ensure that the bathrooms are kept stocked with hand soap and hand sanitizer. That way, after the employees use the bathroom, they can be following proper disinfection protocol.
Office disinfecting is a constant task, but you ensure that you and your employees are safe from viruses and bacteria by staying on top of it. You now know everything that you need to know when it comes to understanding what is office disinfecting?