What Should Be Disinfected In An Office
When you own an office, especially in times like recently with COVID running rampant, it is essential to know what should be disinfected in an office. Knowing what should be disinfected in an office can better help ensure you and your employees stay safe during these difficult times of sickness.
If you are ready to disinfect your office and keep you and your employees safe and healthy, grab your cleaning supplies, and let’s get started!
Ensuring You Have Disinfected The Hard Surfaces In Your Office
One of the most prominent and most important parts of the office you need to disinfect is the hard surfaces of your office. Viruses and bacteria have a much easier time attaching and living on hard surfaces, so these need to have the most attention paid to them to make sure you are not forgetting about them and leaving diseases breeding on your hard surfaces.
When it comes to you disinfecting the hard surfaces in your office, there are a few things you will want to keep in mind. By keeping these things in mind, you can make things easier on yourself and your employees when disinfecting the office and keeping you and your employees safe and healthy.
- Before you begin disinfecting the hard surfaces in your office, you should thoroughly clean them first. This can be done with a different hard surface cleaner, which is recommended, or you can use warm water and soap to clean them.
- Do not use a cleaner and disinfector in one combination. This makes both the cleaning and disinfecting weaker and not as effective. You should use a separate cleaner and a separate disinfector when you disinfect your office’s hard surfaces.
- If you can, you should use a natural disinfectant. It is both better for you and your workers, and it will remove the bacteria and viruses without causing other problems from chemicals being left in your office.
Please Note: in some situations you might need a professional cleaning service that offers coronavirus cleaning and professional disinfecting. Don’t hesitate to call a company near you to get the job done right!
Disinfecting Your Office’s Flooring
Something that is rarely mentioned when it comes to office disinfection is the office’s flooring and floor cleaning. You think about disinfecting computers and tables and desks, but the floor is by far one of the dirtiest places in your entire office. However, it is not very easy to disinfect the flooring, so here are some tips to help make the task easier.
- Thoroughly sweep and mop the office flooring before you begin the disinfecting process. This will help ensure there is no random dirt or crap on the floor, which can hold bacteria and other nasty things that can get you or your employees sick.
- Mix disinfectant in with warm water, and then mop your floor with the solution. This will make it much easier to disinfect your floor and ensure it is thoroughly cleaned at the same time. You can also use a spray on the floor, but this tends to be more difficult than easy and only turns into more work for you.
Do Not Forget To Disinfect The Electronics In the Office
When you are disinfecting your office, it is essential you do not forget to disinfect all the electronics in your office. This includes the phones, computers, keyboards, mice, and anything else that is electronic in your office. These items are typically touched the most often each day and thus deserve special attention when disinfecting the office.
Computers and keyboards should be cleaned with a disinfectant wipe to ensure they are not damaged by the moisture of using a disinfectant spray. The same applies to mice and any other electronics that could be damaged by using a spray. Phones can be disinfected with a spray or cleaned with a disinfectant wipe as well.
Disinfecting The Doorknobs In Your Office
Another critical thing to disinfect in your office is doorknobs. This can seem like it would be common sense to disinfect, but many people forget to clean them. Doorknobs are sometimes touched thousands of times each day, so you need to make sure you are constantly disinfecting them. They can not be forgotten because, at that point, you are just breeding disease and sickness within your office.
Every few hours, you should be going over the doorknobs with a disinfectant wipe to ensure they are always clean and free of viruses and bacteria. Get in the habit of doing this daily, and you will not have to worry about ever forgetting to keep the doorknobs in your office disinfected and clean.
Disinfecting your office is an important task, and knowing what all needs to be disinfected in the office is just as important as actually doing the task. Knowing what needs to be disinfected in your office will help you better keep you and your employees safe from disease.
Companies such as Cleaning World provide office disinfecting services. You now know some of the best things that should be disinfected in an office, so good luck.