Holiday Cleaning Guide- Tips to Prepare Your Home for the Holidays
Read this article to know more about Holiday Cleaning Guide- Tips to Prepare Your Home for the Holidays.
The holidays are coming! As we get ready to start the festive season, it is also a good idea to give your house a good cleaning. Whether or not you have company coming to visit this year, you deserve a clean house to enjoy the holiday fun with your family.Here are some tips for preparing your home for decorating and fun!
If you have a busy schedule, you can hire NJ cleaning services.
Tip #1- A good rule for yourself- clean first, and then DECORATE!
You will feel so much better getting out your holiday items with a clean house. So, set aside a day – or a weekend- and give your home a good top to bottom clean, complete with all of the extras you have been putting off for a while.
Tip #2- Put away any spring or summer décor.
Those months are over until next year! Go ahead and put the décor away. It is time. It’s ok. They will be needed again next year. Don’t worry!
Tip #3- Clean your ceiling fan(s).
This is DEFINITELY a job for a Swiffer Duster… with an extender! A good rule of thumb is for cleaning from the top to the bottom of a room. You’re VERY likely to get dust from the fan (unless you routinely clean your fan, and may still even then). Make sure to clean this as the first thing you clean in that room. Prepare to be amazed at how much dust you pull, when you do this.
Tip #4- Wash your window curtains (and clean the blinds or shutters).
- Be sure to read the directions on any of your curtain tags, but these should have a go through the washing machine to help get rid of all the dust that they have been accumulating. You may have curtains that need to be dry cleaned, in which case, treat yourself and your family to some nice clean curtains and get it done! If you are a DIY-er, you can always purchase your own handheld steam cleaner and do it yourself that way.
- While you’re at it, wipe down any blinds or shutters that you may have as well.
Window cleaning is important too.
Tip #5- Clean the cabinets.
- Clean the cabinets in your kitchen.
- Clean the cabinets in the bathroom.
- These places may not get a lot of cleaning attention throughout the year, so this is a good time to give them a little love. Pay close attention to what material your cabinets are and use an appropriate cleaning product. You will love how clean it makes the rest of the room look!
Tip #6- Clean your appliances.
- Dust the television.
- Wipe down all kitchen appliances.
- If you have a newer dishwasher, look into using Affresh or a DIY cleaner to run through it on one cycle. Honestly, even a bowl full of vinegar on the top rack gone through a cycle of the dishwasher helps to clean it.
- Same idea for your washing machine. You can actually use baking soda and vinegar for the inside for a load, and wipe down the outside of the machine.
- For your dryer, you can take a lint wand ($5 or so from so many stores), and clean out your lint trap a bit more thoroughly than you usually do. Built-up lint can be dangerous, so giving it a cleaning out is a great idea every now and then.
Tip #7- Clean BEHIND your appliances.
- Pull out your appliances away from the wall and use the vacuum to get all of those little dust bunnies from behind it.
- If you can, get UNDER it, too!
Tip #8- Clean under and behind your furniture.
- If you have a couch that is not flush with the floor, there may be some hidden gems under there (that you thought were gone). If nothing else, there will be dust.
- Go ahead and move the furniture aside so that you can get under and behind it. It may not be the most noticeable thing to clean, but you will feel so happy that it is done!
Tip #9- Clean the floorboards.
Whether you are a really thorough cleaner, or one who does the best you can when you can, the floorboards could use some love, too! Take an appropriate cleaner and spray a cloth with it. Then, get down and wipe all that dust away. An alternative to this would be using something like the Swiffer dry mop or Swiffer Duster. If you use one with an extender on it, you may not even have to get down on the floor. Cleaning World Inc of NJ offers commercial and residential floor cleaning services to customers all over the Garden State.
#10- Give extra attention to your carpeted areas.
- While you’re moving your furniture to clean, you might as well give the carpet underneath a deeper cleaning, too, right?
- Give your carpets a steam clean. If you don’t have your own machine, you can either rent one or hire a carpet cleaning service to do it for you..
Tip #11- Decorate your home.
Decorate your home and make it something you and your family can really enjoy this holiday season.
Side note: As you go through your decoration boxes, clean out your decorations. This will help keep you from becoming overwhelmed with decorations over the years. It will also give you an excuse and room to add some more to your seasonal collection from things you find this year!
Tip #12- ENJOY this time!
Sit back in your freshly cleaned and decorated home, and just enjoy yourself and your family.
Getting ready for the holidays is the perfect time to give your house a good cleaning. You probably have a regular rotation of some sort already going- laundry, dishes, mopping, vacuuming, etc., but the tips listed above are just some friendly reminders of other tasks that will help keep your home clean (and even your air). Getting your home this kind of clean may involve some time and effort, but with a plan (and our tips on how to prepare your home for the holiday season), you will get it all done. Then, you can enjoy the holiday season and a job well done! You may consider hiring a heavy duty house cleaning professional.
We hope that Holiday Cleaning Guide- Tips to Prepare Your Home for the Holidays have help you and wish you all the best..