Summer Office Cleaning Checklist
Are you looking for a summer office cleaning checklist for 2022? Get ready to read the best summer office cleaning checklist for 2022.
Although spring is usually considered as the best time to clean our environment, summer cleaning is just as important as cleaning in spring. Due to the utility of office buildings, they are a hotbed for germs throughout the year. Research shows that an office desk contains even more germs than a toilet seat- about 10 million bacteria. During summer, most staff are on vacation and it is important to keep your office space safe before you leave.
Summer Office Cleaning Is Important!
Summertime provides ample opportunity to organize and clean the office space, because the weather in summer provides bacteria the right breeding ground while we have to battle sticky heat, open up the windows that in turn gives way for dust and pollen. This is why it is important to clean during summer.
Benefits Of Office Cleaning
Maintaining a clean environment is always top tier advice, even within the workspace. But why is keeping the office clean so important and investing in some good cleaning services near you? A clean environment is a representation of the company, it is one of the first things a visitor subconsciously takes note of and it conveys the message that you value quality and put satisfaction on the front burner. Other benefits of office cleaning include
- Reduces spread of illness
- Improves safety
- Benefits general office upkeep
- Makes a good impression
Tasks For Cleaning An Office
Cleaning an office requires arranging the furniture and equipment within the office, setting the office for cleaning and getting cleaning devices ready. For the desk and cubicle area, you will need to disinfect surfaces and clean computer screens and for the office kitchen, and break room as you begin by discarding food wrappers, clean utensils, disinfect surfaces and check the trash and water cooler.
Summer Office Cleaning Checklist 2022
Office Area: Bathrooms
Bathrooms require effective cleaning and disinfecting. Below is a list to follow in order to keep your office bathroom safe, clean and healthy for use
- Clean and sanitize toilets
- Sanitize and clean sink area
- Clean the mirror with glass cleaner
- Remove empty toilet paper rolls and replace them with paper towel rolls
- Pay attention to hard surfaces, clean them with soap and water, then disinfect
- Sweep the floor and mop afterwards
- Clean and polish mirrors
- Remove splash marks from walls around basins
- Clean toilet seats around both sides using a disinfectant
- Empty sanitary napkin receptacles and clean using a disinfectant
- Check to ensure all facilities in the bathroom are functioning, call a maintenance specialist if you find fault with any
Office Area: Kitchen/Cafeteria Area
- Take out food wrappers, expired perishables, unwanted food and other forms of waste
- Wash and rinse utensils and pack clean ones away
- Take out old food from the refrigerator and disinfect the refrigerator surface
- Clean the coffee pot of old coffee grinds
- Appliances like the microwave,toaster, oven should be cleaned
- Refill the kitchen towels,dishwashing liquid and hand soap
Office Area: Meeting Rooms
•Take out all trash cans and replace liner sas needed
•Vacuum clean the carpets
•Wipe all horizontal surfaces like desktops, files, tables and pictures using damp cloth
•Dust the telephones
•Mop hard surfaces using treated dust mop
• Clean entryway and fingerprints from entrance glass using damp cloth
•Spot clean partition glass
•Inspect building entrance area
Office Area: Floors And Carpeting
- Deep clean carpet using cleaning machine or contact a commercial carpet cleaner
- Deep clean tile and grout using a tile floor scrubber
- Deep clean and polish hardwood floors
- Wax tile floors if you have high traffic
- Use a carpet protector on all carpet
- Spot clean to remove stains
- When mopping hard floors, use a microfiber mop to prevent the floor from warping
Conclusion: Summer Office Cleaning Checklist 2022
Cleaning in summer provides you the needed time, space and comfort to do a thorough cleaning exercise. Before you begin cleaning, have a cleaning plan and arrange the equipment and furniture to make way for effective cleaning. Secondly, get disinfectant and necessary cleaning equipment. Work on the office bathroom, kitchen, meeting roo, floor and carpets. In areas where stains are present, spot clean, take out the trash, refill water coolers and paper rolls in the kitchen and toilet respectively and also use this time to check the functionality of the office equipment.
If you need the best office cleaning company in NJ, choose Cleaning World Inc. The offer a variety of services for your office cleaning. Take a look at their location below. Their address is 209 Holt St, Hackensack, NJ 07601.
You should now have a great summer office cleaning checklist for 2022!