How To Properly Clean Electronics
In the modern age where everyone owns electronics, it is essential you know how to clean electronics properly. Not keeping your electronics clean can lead to people getting sick, especially with COVID-19 still being so present. It can seem like a difficult task to clean your electronics, mainly because no one wants to risk damaging them from too much water or other cleaning solution. Luckily, it is a very simple task to undertake if you know what you are doing.
If you are ready to learn what you need to know about how to clean electronics properly, then grab your cleaning supplies, and let’s get started on cleaning those electronics!
Essential Things To Know About Cleaning Electronics
Before you get into step-by-step how to clean different electronics, there are some essential things a person needs to know before doing that. If you do not keep these things in mind, there is a good chance you could end up damaging your electronics which is the very opposite of what you are trying to do here. You want to clean your electronics and do so safely so you can continue using them for a long time. Hiring a commercial disinfecting service is also always a helpful thing to do.
The first thing to keep in mind is always to read the labels on your cleaning supplies. This may seem like common sense, but many people fail to do this, which leads to them damaging their electronics. So do not forget to read the labels before applying anything to your electronics.
The next thing to keep in mind is always to ensure you are never spraying anything directly onto the computer. When you are cleaning your electronics, you need to use a slightly damp towel or other cleaning objects.
Finally, ensure you have unplugged the device from any power source, and it is powered off. Having it plugged in or on is an excellent way to get hurt by receiving a shock or other form of electrical discharge while you are cleaning it.
How To Properly Clean Office Equipment And Electronics
Cleaning Smartphones And Tablets
Smartphones and tablets are two of the most commonly used electronic devices in the modern world, so it is essential to clean these devices thoroughly. Whether you are doing so in the office or at home, it’s essentially crucial to clean electronics properly.
There are many services now that provide both commercial disinfecting and office disinfecting. With the COVID-19 pandemic, many office cleaning services have begun to offer coronavirus cleaning which has become very important.
The steps for cleaning these devices are straightforward, and anyone can complete these steps as long as they take the time to do so. However, for thoroughness you may want to consider a cleaning service to help you do so.
- Firstly you need to wipe down your screen with a damp microfiber cloth. It is essential you are only using a microfiber cloth when doing this as it will prevent your screen from becoming damaged. Also, remember to ensure the cloth is damp and not wet.
- You will want to use cotton swabs or Q-tips to clean out the crevices of your phone. This includes the charging outlet, headphone jack, and any other plug-ins on the device. Do not forget to clean in-between the keys of the keyboard as well.
- Finally, use a water and alcohol mixture you have sprayed onto another cloth to do a final wipe down of your phone or tablet. This will disinfect it as well as ensure it is thoroughly cleaned.
- Firstly you will want to shake your computer slightly on its side. This will help remove crumbs and other big pieces of crap from within the keys on the keyboard. After that, if you have access to it, blasting your keyboard with compressed air is a great way to clean it of crumbs and dust thoroughly.
- Like a smartphone or tablet, use a damp microfiber cloth to clean your screen and keyboard. It is essential your cloth is only damp and not wet. You will damage your computer over time if it is wet.
- If you have a touchscreen computer screen, you will want to use a slightly damp cloth to clean your screen carefully. Take your time with touchscreens, as they can be quite finicky when it comes to cleaning them.
- As with the smartphone or tablet, once you are done with your main cleaning, wipe down the keyboard with the alcohol and water solution to disinfect it and thoroughly clean it.
Cleaning Flat Screen TVs
- When cleaning your tv, you do not want to use harsh chemicals or other such cleaning supplies on it, as this can damage it. Instead, you will want to clean it with a damp microfiber cloth and carefully wash the screen.
- Use the same technique you did for cleaning your laptop for cleaning the buttons and crevices on your tv.
- When it comes to your tv remote, you will want to clean it using compressed air. After you have done this, you can go over it with your water and alcohol solution to ensure it is disinfected and thoroughly cleaned. After that, your tv should be ready to go and fully cleaned.
Cleaning Your Smart Devices And Bluetooth Speakers
- If your device has a screen, you will want to clean it with a damp microfiber cloth firstly carefully. Depending on the type of screen, you may have to follow more specific cleaning rules for it. Always refer to the instructions that come with the device when you are cleaning it.
- Any other cloth, plastic, or metal surfaces of your smart device can be cleaned with the same microfiber cloth. Just remember to keep the cloth damp and not too wet, so you do not damage your device.
- If there are crevices or grooves on the speakers or smart device, you will need to use compressed air and cotton swaps to clean them out thoroughly.
- Finally, it is time to finish cleaning your smart device and Bluetooth speakers. Go over the entire device with the alcohol and water solution but remember not to go over your screen with it. That type of solution can damage your screen, so only clean screens with water.
Disinfecting services are incredibly important in today’s day and age. Companies such as Cleaning World, Inc provide commercial grade cleaning services that properly disinfect all items in the home or office.
Properly cleaning electronics can take some time to learn, but once you have learned how to do it, it is a skill you will be using for the rest of your life. There is no reason not to learn how to clean your electronics properly, especially since they play such a large role in our lives. You now know how to properly clean electronics.