Complete Guide To Commercial Disinfecting
In this complete guide to commercial disinfecting, you will learn everything about disinfecting and sanitizing a commercial space. In today’s world, especially with COVID-19 raging it is important to know everything you can about disinfecting a commercial space. Only by learning this information can you hope to keep both you and your employees safe in the workplace.
If you are ready to learn everything you need to know about commercial disinfecting and sanitizing in a commercial space, then grab your cleaning supplies, and let’s get started!
What Is Commercial Disinfecting?
Commercial disinfecting refers to a varied amount of services that are performed by a cleaning service to ensure your commercial is free of disease. Disinfecting services are often a big part of commercial cleaning, and it is important to know what each task requires when it comes to commercial disinfecting. Otherwise, you may not be fully prepared for a cleaning service to come and perform a commercial disinfecting on your commercial space.
In our world which has been experiencing the Coronavirus Pandemic, COVID-19 cleaning and disinfecting has become exceptionally important. Let’s go over some of the tasks that are done with this type of service.
- Cleaning: Cleaning is a term that most people would say they know well, but there is a surprisingly large amount of people who do not fully know what cleaning entails when it comes to commercial disinfecting. In terms of commercial disinfecting, cleaning only refers to when the cleaning service removes the visible contaminants on surfaces, whether they be hard or soft.
- Mechanical cleaning: Mechanical cleaning is similar to commercial cleaning, but it refers to when someone has to use physical effort to remove a containment from a surface. This could either be through scrubbing, scraping, or even pushing sometimes.
- Sanitization: Sanitization is sometimes used in tandem with cleaning, though the two things are quite different. Sanitizing refers to when the germ level in your commercial space is brought down to a safe level. Before any sanitizing is done, it is important to remember that surfaces should be cleaned first.
- Disinfection: Disinfection is what most people think of when it comes to getting rid of all the germs in an area. Disinfection typically kills 100% of all germs in an area in about ten minutes. With COVID-19, it is more important than ever that all germs in a commercial space are killed, rather than only killing most of them.
- Sterilizing: This is something that is hardly ever done within any type of large commercial space. It is the act of killing everything: germs, viruses, fungal spores, etc., within a space. It is typically only done for medical tools and other extremely important things that must be 100% clean of everything.
Why Might I Need To Sanitize My Business Regularly?
There are many reasons why you may need to sanitize your business regularly. It is better to be constantly sanitizing your business than not sanitizing it enough. However, here are some primary reasons why you may need to sanitize your business regularly, so you know when to be sanitizing.
- You have a business with a large number of employees or see a large amount of traffic on the daily. The more people that come and use your commercial space, the more regular you will need to sanitize your commercial space. If you have a smaller business or commercial space, you can get away without sanitizing as often.
- COVID-19 is one of the biggest reasons why you may need to sanitize your business regularly. With how prevalent it is today, it is important you are disinfecting your business regularly so you, your employees, and your customers can stay safe in your commercial space.
- You are in a high-risk area for COVID or other diseases. If you are in a high-risk area, or you cater to high-risk customers, then it is important you are sanitizing your commercial space regularly.
Businesses That Require Regular Disinfection Services
Regardless of what type of service it provides, every business requires disinfection services, but here are the main types of companies that require regular disinfection services. It may be because they see lots of customers, deal with medical tools or services, or provide food services for their local communities.
Restaurants And Food Services
Restaurants and food services are one of the most common types of businesses that require regular disinfection and restaurant cleaning services. Since they are handling food products daily, and many people will be consuming that food, it is important that the commercial space it is handled in is free of bacteria and other unwanted organisms.
Especially restaurants need to be disinfected regularly because the food they are producing is fresh and brought straight to the customer. When you purchase food from a grocery store, you at least have the chance to wash it off or cook it or something of that sort. You do not get that option at a restaurant.
Offices And Corporate Plazas
Offices and corporate plazas are another common type of business that requires constant office disinfecting and office cleaning services. They often have dozens if not hundreds of people in a single building, all working together, which makes the chance of sickness and disease much more likely there. Having commercial disinfecting services done regularly will help cut back on the sickness rate in the office.
Offices should not go very long between disinfecting periods because the longer you allow germs and bacteria, and viruses to live in the office, the more likely someone will get sick. You can not disinfect a human being, not very easily at least, so it is much better to disinfect your office sooner rather than later.
Medical Offices and Medical Spaces
Medical offices and medical spaces are by far the most important for commercial disinfecting. There are several reasons why these spaces should be disinfected regularly, and here they are. If you own a medical office or medical space, you should be having it disinfected on a daily basis at the very least to ensure your patients are staying safe during their stay in your medical space or office.
- Medical spaces and medical offices have people sick with many different illnesses present in the space. It is quite easy for someone with a compromised immune system to get even sicker if the space they are in is not properly and regularly disinfected.
- Medical spaces and medical offices are expected to be thoroughly sanitized, disinfected, and sterilized at all times. How can an area dedicated to helping people recuperate and heal from sickness and injuries be expected to do so if the space they are trying to do so in is filled with viruses and bacteria, and germs?
- Medical offices and medical spaces have a large number of people in constant contact with one another, so if the commercial space is not regularly disinfected, there is a high chance the medical space or office population will become sick as well. If the doctors and other medical professionals become sick, then there will be no one to help the sick when they become ill. This is a huge reason for the need for medical office cleaning.
Medical offices and spaces can include but are not limited to doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals, dentist offices, surgeon offices, eye doctors, hearing doctors, and many other assorted medical offices and medical spaces.
Even though retail may not be the most important business to worry about for regular disinfection, many large retail store chains can see upwards of thousands of customers each and every day. With that many people in one location each day, it is quite important for those retail store chains to ensure they are regularly disinfecting their commercial space.
Retail refers to a large number of services, including malls, grocery stores, and supermarkets. Malls do not always need the most disinfecting or the most regular disinfecting, but both grocery stores and supermarkets should be regularly disinfected. Since they are dealing in food products, it is vital that their commercial space is kept disinfected and clean.
There are many other types of retail services out there, but out of all of them, only supermarkets and grocery stores need constant regular disinfection. The others can do reasonably regular disinfecting, but they can afford to have a more significant time period between each disinfection. If your commercial space sees a large number of people, though, you should still be disinfecting regularly.
Hospitality is a business type that not many people consider when it comes to regular disinfection. Hospitality includes inns and hotels, both of which need regular disinfecting else it can lead to a large number of people becoming sick because they are large commercial spaces that can have hundreds to thousands of people all staying in the same place.
It is important that any owner of a hotel or inn is ensuring their commercial space is disinfected regularly. This includes the hard surfaces, soft surfaces, beds, sheets, blankets, and everything else within the commercial space. It can be quite challenging to disinfect everything regularly, but that is the only way to help ensure sickness does not spread from that type of commercial space.
Smaller hotels and inns will have an easier time doing this because they do not see as many people regularly. Large inns and hotel chains, though, should be regularly disinfecting, and by regular this means on the daily. It will not do to allow your commercial space to go longer than this without proper disinfecting to ensure the commercial space is safe and free of germs.
Commercial Cleaning Is Uber Important!
Commercial cleaning is super important because it is one of the chief ways that people are kept safe from illness in the modern world. Commercial spaces are becoming larger and larger and much more widespread around the world, so understanding commercial cleaning and performing it are two of the best ways to keep everyone in this world safe and healthy.
It can be easy, though, in the midst of running a business to forget to do regular commercial cleaning. No one is perfect, but it should still be something you try to keep in mind as often as possible. That is the only way to ensure commercial spaces stay safe for everyone all around the world, whether they are young or old, male or female, or anything in between.
It can be useful to come up with a type of commercial cleaning schedule with your employees to ensure that everyone is on the same page when it comes down to disinfecting. Remember, commercial spaces need to be cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected. By following that, there will be no concern about germs spreading and causing illnesses like COVID-19 the ability to continue spreading throughout the population.
Find The Right Cleaning Service For Your Commercial Space!
The final important step in commercial cleaning is finding the right cleaning service for your commercial space. There are many companies and services out there that are constantly trying to get you to go with their company or their services. It can be difficult to know which service you should go with and which company will give you the best disinfecting services.
The first and most important thing you should do when it comes to finding the right cleaning service for your commercial space is doing your own research on the company. Check out their reviews and see what others have to say about the company. Do not always only trust the reviews, though, as there are companies who will pay people to write good reviews on their pages.
After you have completed your research on the company, reach out to them and get a feel for them and their team. If they feel like a company you could see yourself working with, ask them about how they will go about the task for your commercial space. If you are satisfied with their answers, go ahead and hire them and let them deal with the troublesome task of ensuring your commercial space is disinfected.
Commercial disinfecting, sanitizing, and cleaning are very important and must be done in order to ensure commercial spaces are safe and free of germs for everyone around the world. If you own a business, make sure you are disinfecting it regularly. You have now read the complete guide to commercial disinfecting.