5 Homemade Cleaners To Make Your Home Shine
If you are looking to clean your home, here are 5 homemade cleaners to make your home shine. Not only are these cleaners easily accessible, but they can sometimes be even better than the ones that you purchase in a store. You no longer have to spend large amounts of money on professional cleaners when you can just make your own straight at home.
If you are ready to make your own homemade cleaners and make your home shine with cleanliness, then grab your vinegar and baking powder, and let’s begin!
Creating Your Very Own Nightly Sink Scrub
If you find that you are having difficulty cleaning your kitchen, this nightly sink scrub can be a great timesaver for you and is a great cleaning tip (and tool) you’ll want to utilize. Once you have completely cleaned your kitchen, the sink tends to be the dirtiest and, frankly, the most difficult portion of the kitchen to clean. The food gets caked on the sides, and it is nearly impossible to clean it fully.
If you want to make this sink scrub for yourself, here is the recipe. It only takes a few ingredients, and it will not take you very long to create. Once you have it made, just store it away until you need to use it each night.
- 2 cups of baking soda
- Twenty drops of essential oil. You can use any type or scent that you want.
- A single squirt of dish soap
- Mix your baking soda and essential oil together in a container; a mason jar can work excellent for this.
- Sprinkle a few teaspoons of the baking soda and essential oil into your sink, and then add a squirt of the dish soap.
- Proceed to scrub your sink clean
Cleaning Your Bathroom Facilities With Baking Soda
The bathroom is another nasty area of the home that tends to need a good clean but can be difficult to accomplish. Your bathroom is a place where a lot of bad cleaning habits and germs tend to fester and lurk.
You can easily clean your bathtub, sink, and toilet, however, with something you probably have right in your kitchen: baking soda.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the surface that you wish to clean.
- You can also add a few drops of essential oil to help your toilet and bathtub smell a little better and improve overall cleanliness.
- Using your scrubbing brush, brush away at the surface.
- Watch as it becomes clean and shines before your eyes.
Creating Your Own Disinfectant Wipes
Another great way to help your home shine and keep you and your family safe from germs is to create disinfectant wipes. With the Coronavirus pandemic, COVID-19 cleaning has been of utmost importance.
Creating your own disinfectant wipes can be a cost-effective way to keep your home clean, especially as store-bought wipes can cost you a lot of money. With the onslaught of COVID-19, disinfectant wipes have become much harder to find in stores.
Recipe To Make Your Own:
- Find a piece of cloth that you are no longer using and tear it up into small squares. Five by five squares tend to be best when making disinfectant wipes.
- After you have made your wipes, you will need to mix together the cleaning mix that you will soak the wipes in.
- In a large bowl, mix together ½ cup white distilled vinegar, ¼ cup water, ¼ cup rubbing alcohol, and ten drops of essential oil. Lavender or tea tree tends to be the best essential oils for these wipes.
- After you have created the mix, pour it over the wipes and allow them to soak for a few hours. You will then have wipes that you can use over and over again. No longer will you need to purchase wipes to clean your home.
Creating Your Own Dish Cleaner
If you are tired of purchasing expensive dish cleaners, then making your own cheap dish cleaner is right up your alley. All you need is a few ingredients and a little bit of time. This homemade dish cleaner will work just as well as any store-bought dish cleaner, and you may find that it works even better than your store-bought cleaners.
Recipe To Create The Dish Cleaner:
- Before washing your dishes, inside a container, put a ½ cup of citric acid, to which you will add the rest of the ingredients for this recipe. Citric acid is one of the best materials that you will find to use as a dish cleaner due to it having antibacterial and disinfectant capabilities.
- Add a ¼ cup of salt to the citric acid when you are preparing to wash the dishes with this cleaner.
- Finally, add a cup of washing soda to the mixture before you begin to wash your dishes with it. You will find that your dishes come out sparkling, and you will have clean dishes to go along with the rest of your shining home.
Make Your Windows Sparkle And Shine
Your home’s final part that you can help make sparkle and shine with a homemade cleaner is your windows. Windows tend to get dirty quickly in a home because they are exposed to the elements, dirt, and dust on the daily. However, there are a lot of window cleaners that tend to do more damage to your windows than actual good.
If you want to make your windows shine without leaving behind the smears and chemicals that come with traditional window cleaner, then this homemade window cleaner is for you.
Recipe For Homemade Window Cleaner:
- In a container, mix together a ½ cup of white distilled vinegar with a half-gallon of warm water.
- If you want extra cleaning capabilities for your cleaner, mix together a small amount of soup into your cleaner.
- Optional: Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the cleaning mix.
Finding good homemade cleaners to clean your home can be difficult, but with a little bit of research, you will find all the cleaners you need. And if you don’t want to do it on your own, companies such as Cleaning World, Inc are here to help!
Whether you want to make, your bathroom, kitchen, or windows shine, you now know 5 homemade cleaners to make your home shine.